For nearly sixty years, CSE Insurance Group has been committed to providing top-quality auto, property and casualty insurance for active and retired firefighters, law enforcement personnel, educators, military personnel and other government employees, supported by our network of independent agents.
CSE Insurance seeks a Director of Accounting and Control, with strong emphasis in property casualty insurance, to join our team.
• Manage the companies’ overall financial budgeting and reporting functions and serve as the chief interface with outside auditors.
• Be responsible for statutory and internal reporting for the two domestic property casualty insurance companies as well as GAAP reporting.
• Play a key role in the yearly and periodic budgeting and forecast updates.
• Be responsible for training, administration and the most efficient use of staff.
• Explore and examine opportunities to improve department performance and recommend solutions to problems when appropriate.
• Preserve and protect company assets while providing accurate and timely service to customers, agents, vendors and employees.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major; MBA and CPA certification preferred.
• 10-15 years of experience in financial management, budgeting and project/staff management experience preferably within the property casualty insurance industry.
• Familiarity with Dynamic General Ledger, Best Fixed Asset, SunGard Investment, and Complete Annual Statement software systems preferred.
• Must be hands-on, “roll up the sleeves” type of manager who understands monthly, quarterly and annual reporting at a detailed level.
• Must have excellent computer, presentation, verbal and written communication skills, especially related to personnel development, project management, budgeting, planning and management reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and diplomatically with all levels of management and personnel.
• Must be a strong communicator, team player and multi-tasker who is able to work independently and under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to: email@example.com. For more details, visit www.cseinsurance.com.
Relevant Work Experience Prefered:
10 to 20 years
Career Level Desired:
Management (Experienced Manager/Director of staff)
$80000 - $90000 per annum